Q4 roundup of health and wellbeing in construction articles
Well that year has flown by! Its been a busy final quarter of the year and we’d like to thank everyone for their continued support. Here are some of our highlights from Q4 2022.
• Construction news shared advise from a parliamentary group to have details of contractors’ mental health provisions written into contracts to help tackle a “national emergency” within the sector. Click here to read.
• And the HSE developed a quiz to asses how much do you know about work-related stress and complying with law. You can find the quiz here.
• IOSH magazine highlights the PSYCHO-SOCIAL ISSUES (a dark side of artificial intelligence through the algorithmic management of people). Take a read here.
• Obtaining consent and maintaining confidentiality is essential in the world of health and wellbeing, this is drilled into clinical professionals through their training, however, will the disciplines of wellbeing being so vast now, not all appreciate what needs to be done. The Faculty of Occupational Health Nursing (FOHN) has developed this set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for registered nurses, however its worth a read for those engaging in health and wellbeing activities.
• A useful resources for H&S professional to improve your knowledge on OH – Click here to read.
• Evidence based practice is one of our core values at CHW, this research report supports how valuable this is and highlights the importance of developing a culture that values safety and engages with evidence.
• A musculoskeletal (MSK) toolkit for employers has been launched by the Society of Occupational Medicine in association with the British Society for Rheumatology and the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities. It is designed to help organisations provide support for young people with an MSK condition to enter, thrive and remain in employment. You can view it here.
We hope you found this round-up useful. To learn more about Health & Wellbeing within the construction industry, and how to take better care of your workforce, check out our other blogs here.